Role of the Biofuels Center
Every state is different and it can be difficult for companies to discover and navigate easily the particular government structures pertinent to their area of business. The Biofuels Center can assist companies seeking to locate in North Carolina, facilitate contact with state and federal agencies and provide assistance and guidance with site selection, the regulatory framework, and other hurdles. Agencies rely on the Center to be the point of contact for biofuels development in the state and some of the ways in which the Center can help are:
- Liaising with the N.C. Department of Commerce
- Assistance in working with regional economic development organizations, including site selection
- Liaising with the N.C. Community College System for free specialized workforce training
- Developing policy and providing legislative assistance in areas, for example, such as new energy crops, etc.
- Assistance with the drafting of USDA loan guarantees